Trust Without Borders

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you may call me. 
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander 
That my faith would be made stronger 
In the presence of my Savior."
-Hillsong United

 

I first heard and sang that song at the very first New Life meeting I attended at Appalachian back in August. I was going through a confusing and transitional time, and it comforted me. I knew then that I was going to grow in Christ and that He had me at App State and living in Boone for a reason. 

We sang that song again last night at my church at home. Once again, I was comforted in the fact that God is doing something in my life. He is growing me and causing me to strengthen my faith in ways I never thought possible. 

I can think of only two other times in my life when I felt this helpless, hopeless, and lifeless. This time is different, though. This time, I am not letting those feelings take away my joy. I've grown since those other two times, and I now know that even in the midst of the biggest storm, it is still possible to have tremendous joy. That joy comes from Christ and knowing that His plan far outshines my plan. It comes from knowing that even in dark times, He's there with me and using these times to make me a better person with stronger faith and more of a testimony. 

Looking back on the most difficult times of my life, they lasted for a little while, but then the best times of my life quickly followed. It makes me think of a status my now roommate posted when we were at HPU together and I was going through a tough time. It was something like "Just because today may be the worst day of your life, doesn't mean tomorrow won't be the best day of your life." That reminds me of the verse that says "There may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning." Joy is more than just happiness. Joy is being content and happy despite any circumstance. And that comes from trust. 

In the Bible, the Israelites didn't always trust God. They watched Him bring them through hard times and rejoiced, but during the next hard time, they got angry with God again and lost trust. They didn't stop to think, "He came through for us before and He will come through for us again."

What would life be like if we all had trust without borders? Think about that. Trusting God NO MATTER WHAT. When I first heard the song, the lyrics just wrecked me. To me, "trust without borders" means you trust God in a way that might seem insane to others. No boundaries. Reckless trust. Trusting God so much that you'll do whatever He calls you to do, no matter how crazy it seems to you or to anyone else. This kind of trust will allow God to mold you and grow you in ways you never imagined. 

"Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander."
 God, take me deeper than I could ever go on my own, with my own reasoning. As humans, we will allow our own precautions and fear to keep us from going as far as God wants to take us. He wants us to abandon those fears and let Him lead us to where He wants us to be.
I pictured myself blindfolded, with Christ leading me by the hand through parted stormy waters. He's been leading me through the raging ocean while I'm blindfolded and trusting Him more than I ever have before. My faith is being strengthened and I am trusting that His plan will be made clear and that He will be glorified through my fears and failures and trials. 

With the situations in my life right now, it's taking an insane amount of faith and trust in God and His plan and His timing.

 
I am trusting without borders. 







eBa

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful