Grateful Heart

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to be very intentional about being grateful. Even if it wasn't the Thanksgiving season, I want to do this because gratefulness cuts down on stress, worry, and complaining. I feel like lately I could really use a good dose of being thankful for what I have. I plan to jot down a few things each day, because writing it out really makes me do it and think about it. Some things I am especially thankful for today are:

*My health. Over the summer I experienced some weird complications due to a steroid shot, and now I'm back to normal!

*My church / church family. I am so blessed by Oak View Baptist and the amazing people that go there. It has forever changed my life.

*My family. I'm so blessed to be able to spend so much time with them and have them as support. They are the best people I know. I can't begin to thank God enough.

*Emery! A good dog is the best therapy, but I don't even know what I'd do without her. It's a whole new level.

*Drew - he sends me daily encouragement through Scripture, loves me when I'm hard to love, and supports me in everything. It's true what the Bible says about the Lord being able to do more than we can ask or imagine. 

*Boone - I've been so blessed to be in my happy place for the past three weekends and to week days (including my birthday), and being able to do this has made me so thankful.

*My job - although it can be stressful and frustrating, I know that right now I am exactly where I need to be. I look forward to coming to work every day. 

*My house. It is small and cute and decorated for both fall and Christmas right now... Buying it was one of the scariest things I've ever done, but has also made me feel empowered and thankful for the opportunity to have my own space. And I'm so thankful to have my brother living with me now!

*Friends - the Lord has blessed me with the best. I wouldn't trade them for anything. Excited to see ones I haven't seen in forever very soon!!

*Coffee! So much coffee.


Take a few minutes today to make your own list! I already feel better and less stressed after tying all this out!




eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen