Things Unseen

2 Corinthians 4:17-18(NIV)

17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Lately I've been getting weighed down with the issues of the world. Yesterday I read 2 Corinthians 4:8-18 in my daily reading book. In these verses, Paul talks about being pressed but not crushed, perplexed but not in despair, persecuted but not forsaken, and struck down but not destroyed... if you are a follower of Christ. The troubles of the world may weigh on us, but they will not overtake us.
As we receive grace and sustenance for each day from God, we should become more thankful, which goes along with what I've been intentional about this week - writing a list of things I'm grateful for and thanking God for them. Focusing on these things will help us to see the world through His eyes.

Verses 17 and 18 made me feel so comforted that I wrote them on the board by my desk at school as a reminder. Anything difficult that I face will pass, as all troubles are temporary. It also reminds me to see the world through Christ's eyes, through a spiritual lens. I also have written by my board "Open up my eyes to the things unseen" from the song "Hosanna." Thinking of this life and world as temporary and hurting, and focusing on loving others, trying to show the world a better way, and looking forward to eternity with Christ, all really help when you're focused on the "small picture" of a hard day or season in life. :) 


eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!