How it Feels to Be Done With School Completely

Surreal.

Because I've been in school for so long, it seemed like this day would never come. Not that I've been counting down the days or anticipating it. No, I've always enjoyed school and enjoyed learning. 

I will say, though, I'm a good learner, but not the best student sometimes. This semester really showed me how much I really just need to graduate. And the importance of not procrastinating (no matter how much I love the adrenaline rush of living on the edge and barely getting my assignments done in time) The motivation just hasn't been there to write papers and give presentations. I've been in school for TWENTY years! So it's good that I'm graduating right now. 

I just left my last class of my graduate career. I turned in my last paper at 8:00 this morning. It's not the best paper I've ever written. At all. But the important thing is that I'm finally done! So how do I feel now? How do I feel now, sitting in the library NOT doing homework but blogging instead while I thaw out so that I can walk to my car and not die of hypothermia?  

Weird. It feels SO weird to not have an assignment to worry about. Over the past three or four years I've taken summer classes, so I've literally been in school nonstop. Don't get me wrong, I still have a LOT of other random stuff to do, but no assignments! 

God kept me in school for a long time and despite the stress, I've enjoyed every minute of it. I've made some wonderful friends here at Appalachian and I'm blessed to be able to live here until next summer. 

Whatever comes next is in His hands. 





eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen