Reflecting on 2013

2013
 
 
When I think of 2013, a few big things stand out to me.
 
 
* I read my first full Nicholas Sparks book - Safe Haven. It pretty much changed my life, and I still have to write a post about why I love the book and the movie so much! (I saw the movie six times in theatres. Luckily a few of those were at the dollar theatre!)
 
*Some friends and I started a Bible study called GPS after a deep discussion at Carolina's Diner one night over Christmas break.  The group has been pretty awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing it grow and do great things. We've met almost every week this year.
 
*Me and Ashley had a fun trip to Myrtle Beach together and stopped in Southport on the way home so I could see where Safe Haven was filmed :)
 
*In April, Libby Hill closed. I had worked there for four years and been eating there since I was born. It was a High Point staple for like 50 years.  Honestly, it was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through. When you get so used to a place and the people that go along with it, life doesn't seem right without it. (I still have a post about Libby Hill in the works.)
 
*While there was sadness about Libby Hill, there was also happiness because also in April, I started my OWN company - Croakie Dokie, a croakie company. I cannot describe how amazing it felt to open those 400 croakies when they came in the mail, after working so long and hard on designing them and having them made.
 
*In May, I FINALLY accomplished a huge lifetime dream - I went to Los Angeles!! Kacie and I went to see Chanelle. It was my first time flying. On the way back, I experienced flying alone for the first time and navigating Dallas/Fort Worth airport all alone. I was quite proud of myself.
While we were there, we got into a Dodgers game, an American Idol taping, and the American Idol finale for free. My life was pretty much made.
 
*I became even more of a baseball fan after going to the Dodgers game, and went to many games over the summer.
 
*I moved into my first apartment over the summer and lived in Boone taking summer classes. My roommate, Stephanie, will be a friend for life!
 
*I officially moved to Boone with Kacie and Michael in August. We had to stay in a hotel for two weeks, but after that, we got to move into a brand-new apartment!
 
*I got a new car - The Black Pearl! In late August, I traded my Focus for a Mercury Mariner and I'm so in love with that thing. I never want a different car.
 
*I joined the most awesome women's Bible study at Appalachian and grew so much in the Lord, making many new friends that I'll hopefully have for life.
 
*I went to many awesome football games, which is something I've always dreamed of.  I loved HPU  to pieces, but I did always wish we had a football team. Now I have my own to cheer for!
 
*I enjoyed Boone so much and became so very glad for the chance to live there this year. It's the very best thing that could've happened to me right now in life.
 
*I graduated from Appalachian State University a couple weeks ago with my Master's in Reading Education.  I feel extremely accomplished and I'm so thankful to have had such a great grad program. I'm so proud to be an App State alumna.
 
 
 
 
These are just a few of the things that happened this year, and I'm sure there are many more I can't think of right now. It just seemed like a good time for reflection :)
 
 
 
I'm excited for 2014!!
 
 
 
eBa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen