Last Monday of My First Year




 
Came across the picture above this morning and it immediately sparked tears. This was the last Monday of my first year of teaching. I've posted so many "Monday Motivation" quotes this year and trusted in God's Grace and plan when it was unbelievably difficult. His Grace and sustenance have gotten me through the past year and it wrecks me to think about how much He cares for me and shows me joy even in the deepest valleys. This year hasn't been easy, but have I grown in ways I never thought possible? Yes. Have I learned to fully trust in my Lord and Savior? Yes. Has it been worth it? Absolutely.
This was so perfect for my last Monday Motivation for this first year of teaching.
"I'm holding on to your promises, oh God."
 
 
 
 
I haven't done much to clean my desk off or anything... I've taken down everything off my walls, but I'm just in a state of... I don't know.
Laziness, for sure.
But beyond laziness, I'm in a state of nostalgia. I just keep thinking about how fast this year has flown by and how at first the responsibility of molding young lives seemed SO daunting, and now I'm at the end of what's supposed to be the hardest year.
I MADE IT!
So I've just been basking in the sur-reality that I've successfully completed something that terrified me less than a year ago.
...and crying a little bit.
 
 
 
 
I went to a Bible study tonight with Ashland at her church and I'm super excited about the possibility of going regularly on Mondays this summer.
 
 
Annnd I've had this lovely song in my head all day:
 
 
When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with You above the storm.
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God.
-Hillsong, "Still"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen