Thanksgiving Weekend

My Thanksgiving actually turned out really well, after fearing that it wouldn't. 

I love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  There's nothing else like it.

I love having lunch at Granny's house.  There were a lot of people there this year, including my cousin's new little baby, Ellie.  She is so freakin cute and I love holding her!!



 my brother and Ellie. AWW

After lunch, Zach and I went shooting at his house.  I shot a handgun for the first time! haha




At dinner time, my dad, brother, Zach, sister, and I went to the homeless shelter to help feed people.  It was truly an amazing experience.  There wasn't that much for us to do, since there were so many volunteers, but I plan on going back and helping serve dinner at least once every other week.

After that, we went to my mom's friend's house (her family is like family to us).  She had made deer meat and we also had barbecue.  Mmmm. Good food, good friends.

After coming back home to rest, Zach, Ashley and I headed out for Black Friday!

We went to Walmart at about 11. TOO CROWDED.

We stopped at McDonald's (only place open haha) and got food.  We took it to my Grandma's house and ate it at her dining room table, just like I had wanted to.  (If you don't know, this is our first Thanksgiving without my Grandma, and we used to always have holiday dinners at her house, at the dining room table.)  I wasn't so sad, since people were with me.

We went to Macy's and met my brother and Katie there.  My friend Brooke and her husband Justin and cousin Jonathan were also there.  Basically all we did there was try on hats and take pictures while everyone else was on a misson hahah.



I went back home and got into my pajamas and headed back out - to Belk's with Zach.  This is the one place I REALLY wanted to go for Black Friday.  And it was insane.  I love all the hype though.  It's so exciting! I like to just go and watch all the people scurrying around.  We did get some good deals though, and had a lot of fun.  Our first Black Friday shopping adventure together!

After going back home and sleeping a couple hours, I went to the oral surgeon and had my wisdom teeth taken out.  After my surgery, my mom and Zach were there to help me to the car while I threw up blood all over my new white jacket :( Why did I wear it to my appointment anyway??

Ever since then, I've been sleeping, eating jell-o and mashed potatoes, indulging in Facebook, Twitter, and Blogger, editing pictures, painting my nails, finally reading the first few chapters out of my Kathie Lee Gifford book, and talking to my friends.  And I've been letting my mom take care of me, like I'm a little kid again.  It's really nice.  She's so sweet.

It's nice to be really lazy and not do much of anything for a couple days.  But at the same time, I am being productive - I'm getting stuff done that I want to get done, like writing and reading and editing pictures.

So that was my weekend so far; hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving weekend!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!