Jessica Simpson Isn't Always Right (Believe it or Not)

The title I gave this post hurts my heart because y'all know how much I adore that five-foot-two blonde ball of sass, stellar fashion sense, wit, humour, and sheer gorgeousness.
But no one is perfect!


Years ago, I read in a magazine that Jessica Simpson had said something like:
If you are dating someone and thinking about getting married, you should take a break for about a month and make sure you absolutely can't live without them before you commit.
Sounds logical, right? So here I am, with this advice always in the back of my mind for a few years, looking for the one I can't live without.

It's almost as if God allows me to think and say certain things just so that He can prove me wrong. Because I found someone I was certain I couldn't live without. What a rude awakening when all of a sudden that person isn't there anymore... but hey, I'm still living! I'm still living and breathing, but why?

This is why:
There's actually no one I can't live without, except Christ.
And He wanted me to know that.

Maybe He was thinking something like:
"Beth, you think you have it all together, and that your plans are perfect, and that you found someone you can't live without. But just to show you that I am the only One you can't live without, I'm going to remove that person from your life. You'll be amazed at how you can still live, and live joyfully without that human being because you still have Me, the only One you'll ever need. Man will fail you, but I never will. Trust Me."

Man changes but Christ never does.
Man will fail you but Christ never will.

If you go looking for a man to 'save' you, you'll end up disappointed every single time.

The only man that will save you saved you 2,000+ years ago.
On a cross.
Jesus wants our total dependence to be on Him.



Even if I had to learn that lesson the hard way, I learned it!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen