Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart

Written on Thursday, November 26th - Thanksgiving Day



As many of you know, I've been struggling with the spirit of ungratefulness. For the past couple months, as hard as I've tried, I haven't been able to overcome it and be thankful. My heart has been so hard. But for the past few days I have been feeling my heart softening again and it's so great. I'm starting to become thankful for the tiniest little things again - genuinely thankful. For the past month or so I've been forcing myself to thank God for things that I know I should be thankful for without forcing it.

This morning I looked out the window and saw the most beautiful Thanksgiving morning. The sky was a beautiful blue and had these cool looking clouds in it and the weather just looked perfect. I got my car and drove over to Granny's to help her get ready for Thanksgiving lunch and as I started driving in the beautiful morning my heart just started exploding with thankfulness that I was brought to tears. This is what it's all about. It's all about family and love and fellowshiping and thanking God for everything that He has blessed us with. 

I know the spirit of ungratefulness will creep up on me again throughout my life - that's just natural. But in this moment, I am so relieved to have overcome it at least for now. I'm so thankful for all the people in my life and all the blessings that I've been reminded of just today. I'm so thankful for thanksgivings past and for wonderful memories that seem to flood in at this time of year. I love to look back and be able to cherish the times that I've spent with my family and friends during previous holidays. God has blessed me so much in my life and I don't even deserve it all. 

I hope each and every person that reads this had the happiest Thanksgiving ever!!





Image result for thanksgiving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen