Happy December / JUST SAY NO


Happy December! Reminding myself not to get so busy that I don't take time to stop and enjoy the little things and make sweet memories this month ❤️❤️❤️


Confession: I've always had trouble saying no. I've always been a people-pleaser, and I read a good chapter from a devotional the other day about resisting the urge to people-please.

"Whatever we focus most of our attention on will become the driving force in our lives. The more I focus on trying to please people, the more of a magnified force people pleasing will become in my life. The more I focus on trying to figure out how to please God, the more of a magnified force He will become in my life."

I get sometimes get so focused on all the things I have to do and don't stop to just take a breather and bask in the goodness of the Lord and spend time with Him. 
I NEED that time.
We all do.

It's easy to get caught up in all the stress of the holiday season and get so overwhelmed that we don't enjoy the special times.

This month especially, I have to take care of myself. December is super busy, and I've already over-committed myself, so I'm having to learn to say no to certain things so that I won't get too burnt out.

Another important thing is to MAKE time to spend with loved ones and make memories. And remember the reason for the season. 
Everything else I shouldn't worry about as much!
It's hard but it's necessary!

I feel like other people are better at this than I am.
I'M WORKING ON IT!!!!

"Make it a December to remember."

I hope everyone has a relaxing and memorable December, amidst all the stress and craziness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!