That Time I Saw My Guardian Angel

So I've never posted about this, and not really even told many people, but the other day I felt compelled to share the story of how I saw an angel when I was little.

I grew up in church and a Christian school and Christian home and was always taught about spiritual warfare, even from a very young age. I remember my mom telling me that her aunts had told her that if you could peel away the atmosphere and what we see on earth, it would be scary and awesome to see the supernatural - angels and demons constantly fighting.

One night in December when I was in first or second grade, I was watching TV with my mom in the dark in the den. We turned the TV off and everything was completely dark. As we were walking down the hall to my room, I saw a bright figure about my same height walking towards our Christmas tree. She had shoulder-length hair that curled up at the ends and wings. She was wearing a long dress and had a halo. She was carrying a candle. I wasn't shocked or afraid because I had always been told I had a guardian angel, and so I just knew that was her.

I don't remember if I told my mom right then, but I do remember talking to her about it since. I was glad that she believed me because I didn't want people to think I was crazy!

This happened around the time that I asked Jesus into my heart and became saved. I remember sitting by the tiny Christmas tree in my room at 7 years old and praying that prayer and trusting God as my savior. This time was pivotal in my life. Yes I was young, but I understood.

{{ I've definitely had my ups and downs with my faith since then. 
Every Christian does. 
Yes, I was saved at 7, but I've been progressively 
getting close to the Lord since about 8 years ago. 
In middle and high school I made sure I didn't do the 
things my peers did, and I lived for the 
Lord, but in college my eyes were opened to the
 joys of living a spirit-filled life and spending 
serious time pursuing a growing relationship 
with Him that gets closer and closer and never plateaus. }}


ANYWAY, the point of this post is that I saw my guardian angel when I was little and since then, I've had a sense of security that I'm being taken care of, and even when things are hard, I know that I can believe in God's promises. 

It's a relief to know that even with all the evil in the world, God has His hedge of protection around His children.

My childlike faith at 7 years old is what I've strived to keep all my life. The Bible says we should have the faith of a child. 

Furthermore, the faith of a child at Christmas is the sweetest, most innocent thing. That's how I keep from losing my mind half the time - constantly remind myself to have the faith of a child at Christmas.


I thought of this the other day because I was decorating my Christmas tree and Granny and my sister and her boyfriend were over and I was all done with the ornaments and realized I didn't have a tree topper. I didn't want to spend money on one, and made a joke about making an angel out of construction paper.

I grabbed some construction paper and started being silly making an angel and I knew exactly what I wanted her to look like, later realizing it was because I've seen her before :)

We are so loved. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!