2017 Goals

Image result for happy 2017



For 2016 I made 14 goals. I reached a few of them 
(meet Tim Tebow, deepen my prayer life), but not all of them 
(finish the first three books in my Emery series, keep my car clean, read ten books, go to Boone once every month). 
The year got so busy!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a few more reasonable goals for 2017, and try to look at this list throughout the year to try to reach them.



1. Get SOMETHING finished and possibly published.

2. Three random acts of kindness each month.

3. Stay in constant prayer - pray without ceasing.

4. Read five books (outside of the ones I teach at work lol).

5. At least ten blog entries every month.

6. Go to two states I haven't been to.

7. Keep my gym attendance up - 4x a week average.

8. BE CONTENT BUT NOT COMPLACENT. Grow in the Lord in ways I never thought possible.

9. BOONE ONCE A MONTH.

10. Sell a lot of the clothes I don't wear!

11. SAVE SOME MONEY.

12. Finally get Emery to master the "Sleeping Beauty" trick we've been trying to get.

13. Stay organized at work.

14. Enjoy the little things.



17 has been a number that has seemed "unlucky" to me for the past 7 years... I'm not superstitious, but many really terrible things that happened to me for a while happened on the 17th. After a while, though, I realized that those things seemed really bad, but were actually victories:

My brother's friend Matt passed away on January 17th, 2010. Terrible for the ones he left behind, but the most victorious day for him when he reached Heaven.

September 17th, 2011 was the last time I talked to my grandma before she passed away. Terrible for me, but her victory was just around the corner.

Our sweet beagle Honeygirl passed away on January 17th, 2014. Terrible for us, but I believe that even dogs go to Heaven (!!!), and while we were so sad, we could be joyful in knowing we had given her a long happy life.

Those are just a FEW examples.

I read somewhere that 17 is actually a number of victory in the Bible, so that was really cool to me. So hopefully 2017 will be a victorious year!!



* HAPPY 2017! *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen