Reflecting on 2011

So I know it's a little late for this, but I wanted to write a reflection on 2011.  Hey, it's only February, right?? Haha so here's my 2011 - the good and the bad.

January
-Nina came to hang out in High Point!!
-I hung out with my grandma a lot

February
-Grandma broke her hip and had to go back into the hospital. She never got to go back home :(
-First Valentine's Day with Zach - he cooked dinner and we ate with candles and I tried to show him how to ballroom dance :)

March
-Ashley wanted to go to Build a Bear for her birthday. That was fun!
-Cotillion Spring Ball (I'm an assistant with the National League of Junior Cotillions in High Point.  We teach kids to ballroom dance and have manners haha)

April
-Worked Furniture Market with Alex, Brooke, and Amber
-FREAKED OUT with finals (as usual)
-GirlTalk concert at HPU
-USHER CONCERT in Charlotte

May
-Attended my cousin's baby shower for little Ellie Blair :)
-Watched as college friends (and friends from elementary school) graduated from HPU
-RELAXED

June
-saw the Beach Boys in concert!
-Ashley graduated from elementary school - SO SAD!!!!!!!
-Went to the pool a lot. I LOVE JUNE.
-Took a costume and makeup class for my theatre minor.  It was such a fun class.
-Little Ellie Blair was born!!!! (my cousin's baby) I got to hold her at the hospital
July
-Had the best 4th of July ever - Old Salem and church cookout with my favorite people
-Spent a day at Myrtle Beach with the Aumans and Culbertsons
-Saw the BACKSTREET BOYS in concert with my sister, Alex, Chanelle, and Zach.  A lot of our other friends went too! GREAT concert.
-Went to Myrtle Beach with my mom, brother, sister, and Granny - so much fun! I could live there

August
-Zach and I celebrated our one year anniversary at Pilot Mountain and Mount Airy <3
-Saw Keri and Daniel get married!
-I started my senior year of college
-Chanelle moved to LA :(

September
-September's not one of my favorite months to begin with, but this one was the worst by far.  Grandma got worse and was sent to Hospice.  She lived there for a week, barely hanging on.  It was by far the worst week of my life.  You never wanna watch one of your best friends and role models slowly pass away.  It was something I had been dreading for a long time.  The good thing is, Grandma is in Heaven now, and not suffering anymore.  September really changed my life, though.  It was an eye-opening month.
-One fun thing I did do in September was attend the Jason Aldean concert in Raleigh with Holly

October
-October's always a super busy and fun month. 
-Dixie Classic Fair with Zach and Ashley
-Scotty McCreery concert/birthday with Ashley W.
-Got hooked on The Kardashians in October because of that wedding special hahaha
-Fall break!
-Worked furniture market again, with Alex and Katie. Had lots of fun hanging out with Zach and Matt as well.  Katie met her future husband.
-My 23rd birthday/party! I dressed as Kate Middleton and Zach was Prince William.  My sister was Pippa. Honeygirl got a bumblebee costume.

November
-Started getting ready / excited for Christmas
-Made the very most of every single moment
-Got my wisdom teeth out

December
-CHRISTMAS!!! Did so many fun Christmas things (refer back to my December blog entries haha)


*ALSO IN 2011:
I acquired a taste for tomatoes and barbecue sauce.



So I made New Year's Resolutions last year, but they were silly.  I decided to make some serious ones for this year, haha. 

New Year's Resolutions

1.  Make the very most of every single day. Appreciate each day.
2.  Keep a positive attitude.
3.  BE ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
4.  Get into graduate school
5.  Eat lots of seafood (even more than I already do haha).
6.  Eat healthier in general. Take vitamins daily. Work out more.
7.  Go back to Disney World!
8.  CLEAN MY ROOM.
9.  Have at least 200 followers on my page by December (is this realistic? haha)
10.  Listen to at least one Christmas song every day.
11.  Go to the beach 7 times.
12.  Eat a hamburger on June 18th.


Okay I'm getting silly so I'm gonna stop.


I know I'm really late on New Year's Resolutions, but what are yours for 2012? Did you keep yours from last year? Was 2011 a good year for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen