Why I Love Alpha Chi Omega

A  X  Ω


In an earlier post, I told y'all that I just joined 100-some other girls in founding a chapter of Alpha Chi Omega at our school, High Point University.  Listed here are some of the reasons why I
LOVE
Alpha Chi Omega!


1.  Our motto is "Real. Strong. Women." That's what all women should strive to be.  Be yourself. Don't let anyone walk all over you.  Stand up for what you believe in.  "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything" rings in my mind. Be strong!!

2.  We were founded by music majors at DePauw University in Indiana.  I love this because I am very into the arts and music.  I've played the piano since I was 11 and took drum and guitar lessons here and there.  I'm also very into art and I'm a theatre minor.  I think it's wonderful that AXΩ still puts emphasis on supporting the arts.

3.  Going along with the musical theme, our symbol is a lyre (like a harp).  There are many other musical allusions in our organization, including our "Symphony" and much more.  We strive to create harmony by allowing each other to express ourselves fully and admire the differences and similarities we have.

4.  Our philanthropy is domestic violence.  This is something that I am passionate about.  I firmly believe in our cause, and am very excited to start helping people out!  I enjoy giving to others so much.

5.  We have high standards as far as academic progress.  We hold each other accountable to promote good grades (I could've used that kind of support freshman year haha)

6.  I love the fact that the badges are lyres with pearls.  Pearls are classy, and like they told us at preference night, each one of us is a pearl in the sand, and in the moonlight we can all shine together!

7.  Our colors are scarlet and olive.  THAT MEANS I CAN HAVE AN EXCUSE TO WEAR RED AND GREEN ALL THE TIME!!! You don't even know how much I love Christmas, and I have so many red and green clothes and accessories, it's not even funny.  Now it will be like Christmas all the time :)

8.  I love the fact that I am a founding member of a chapter of Alpha Chi Omega.  Enough said.

9.  I love how friendly all of the Alpha Chi Omegas I have met are.  The National President and other chapter members and alumnae were with us during recruitment, and they were some of the nicest people I've met, with the best manners.

10.  I love being part of something that was started over 125 years ago.  I love history and carrying on traditions.  So essentially, I am helping start a chapter where we make our own traditions and choose how we want things to be, AND at the same time recognizing, appreciating, and carrying on traditions that have already been set over a century ago by the strong women that founded us.



And that's why I love my sorority.




eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen