THANKFULNESS

30 Days of Thankfulness:
 
 
On day one, I'm thankful for God's UNFAILING love and grace.
 


Day 2: I'm thankful that I've gotten to work at Libby Hill for 3 .5 years (and counting). Good times (and free food :)
 
Day 3: I'm thankful for all of my WONDERFUL friends. Whether I've known them for 20 years or one month, I am truly surrounded by the best people. They are there for me in the best times and in the hardest times. They laugh and cry with me. God has blessed me with the best friends I could ever ask for! ♥
 
Day 4: I'm so very thankful that I live in a country where I can freely and openly go to church and worship the Lord...and for Oakview Baptist Church. I absolutely love it there. 
 
 
Day 5: I am thankful for Disney music. I don't care who you are or how old you are - put on some Disney tunes when you're in a bad mood and the world will seem to make a little more sense. [[If not, check to see if you have a pulse.]]
 
 
Day 6: I am ever so thankful to live in the great nation of the United States. We may have problems, but we are still a nation that was founded on sound Christian morals and based on prayer. I am thankful that we have the privilege to vote on who is the next President. I am thankful that we have men and women fighting for our freedom every single day. I am thankful for our mountains, valleys, beaches, cities, farm land, and everything in between.
 
 
Day 7: I am thankful for the 7 or 8 Sweet Shoppe treats I stuffed my face with today, black nail polish, fuzzy socks, free Vanilla Bean frappuchinos (courtesy of the new HPU Starbucks), and movie theatre popcorn.
 
 
Day 8: I am thankful for books. I've always loved reading, ever since I was tiny. I learned then that books can take you to far-off places without even leaving your chair. And today I'm also thankful for my job at Appalachian in the reading clinic, which allows me to look at, organize, and go through books for hours. Watch out future students, I WILL make readers out of you!
 
 
Day 9: I'm thankful for random fun facts - On November 9th of 1620, the Pilgrims on the Mayflower first spotted Cape Cod. And the rest is history!
 

Day 10: It's Mama's birthday and I'm thankful for her! She has been a WONDERFUL and supportive mother, always caring for us when we're sick, helping us with schoolwork, making sure we're safe and happy, making it so that we can do the activities we love (taking us to endless dance rehearsals, recitals, church camps, VBS, and sports practices), praying for us, and just being our friend. We are so blessed to have a mother and a supporter like her!
 
 
 
Day 11: I'm thankful for craft stores like HOBBY LOBBY and Michael's (and coupons)! Got some good stuff at those two places over the past few days :)
 
 
Day 12: I am so grateful for fall of 2003 - spring of 2007. High school was a wonderful experience for me. I loved Southwest Guilford High School and (almost) everything about it. I grew so much from freshman to senior year, made great friends, strengthened friendships I already had, did really fun things, was taught by amazing teachers who I still keep in contact with and admire, made mistakes and learned from them, learned about the world, learned more about myself, and learned how to be a leader (and hopefully impacted a few lives...at least I tried to). It was also high school where I got my inspiration to become a teacher, thanks to the wonderful role models and examples I had there. Most importantly, I had a BLAST! I'm so thankful for those four years.
 
 
Day 13: I am GRATEFUL for the storms and struggles in my life. If it weren't for the struggles, I wouldn't be as strong as I am today. Every tough situation has helped me to learn and to grow. God has never put a situation in my life that I couldn't get through without prayer and faith. Thinking back on the struggles, it's almost a bittersweet feeling that I have because I see beauty in them. Even
though I was hurt and sad, the storms brought me closer to God and helped me to learn and grow. Reading out of Exodus today, my thoughts about storms were confirmed. God is God even in the worst times. And if life was all smooth-sailing, we wouldn't be as appreciative. The really hard times help me to appreciate and be more grateful for the good times. So I'm thankful today for the hard times!
 
 
Day 14: I am thankful for High Point University and the time that I spent as a student there. I made many wonderful friends, learned so much, and after a while, realized how truly blessed I was to attend such a happy, magical, and EXTRAORDINARY university. So many great things happened there. My professors were so caring and always took the time to show that. It was kind of weird going to college in my hometown at first, but being able to go back there now and visit whenever I want to makes it all worth it. I wouldn't trade those 4.5 years for anything in the world. I grew SO much during those years, and I'm excited to see how HPU continues to grow in the future. And I'm SO happy I'm here to watch it as it does!
 
 
 
 
Day 15: I'm thankful for Appalachian State University and the opportunity that I have to get my master's here. I love it so far. The professors are awesome, the education department is great, I have a wonderful job in the reading clinic, the mountains are beautiful, and I have already met some great women in my classes. And now I have my very own football team to cheer for!
 
 
 
AND for day 15: As I was leaving Boone after a WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL day, I saw that all of the snowflakes and Christmas lights were up in the street downtown. And I put the radio on 99.5 and listened to Christmas music as I rode down King Street, which now looks like a little Christmas town, and thought, "I HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR!!!!!!"
 
 
Day 16: Thankful for WINTER CANDY APPLE FROM BATH & BODY WORKS!!
 
 
Day 17: Thankful for the AWESOME day that Ashley and I had, visiting Biltmore for the first time (and that my group presentation in Asheville today went well)!
 
 
 
 
Day 18: Thankful for TARGET!! And spaghetti and Christmas parades!
 


Day 19: SO thankful for these cloudy, warm-ish Monday mornings in late November, when the air feels magical. The week has just started, so everyone is still kinda sleepy from the weekend and everything's really calm. It's not yet Christmas, but you start feeling hints of it, and you know that Thanksgiving is in a few days with family and food. There's excitement in the air. But calmness too (maybe everyone is resting up for Black Friday haha). And you get an early morning workout and as you walk to your car, the air just feels so good and calm and everything smells wonderful. Leaves are everywhere and people are starting to put up Christmas decorations. And you enjoy your hot chocolate in the car on the way home while listening to Christmas music and think about all of the fun things you're gonna do this holiday season. And everything just feels so peaceful. THAT'S what I'm thankful for today!
 
 

Day 20: I'm so thankful for Granny! She has been a HUGE help and supporter for our family. She will do ANYTHING for us. She is big on family and tradition. She made sure to come to all of our dance recitals, ball games, award ceremonies, and everything in between. She doesn't let anything bother her. She's always smiling and happy. She has been a wonderful grandmother and role model and friend to me. She has also been a great teacher to lots of kids over the years. We've had so many special times, and special times are still to come!
 
 
 


Day 21: I am Thankful today for my FAVORITE 21-year-old! My brother has been my best friend since I was two and a half. We may argue sometimes, but I always know for a fact that at the end of the day, he always has my back.  From beating kids up who were mean to me when we were little (haha that's a bit of an exaggeration) to having long talks with me and making me feel better when I'm upset now - we've been there for each other. We've been through a lot over the past 21 years, and I'm so proud and thankful to call him my brother!
 
 





 
Day 22: I am SO thankful for all of the Thanksgivings that we got to spend with Grandma. Even though she isn't here with us, I have no doubt that she's celebrating in Heaven and looking down on us. I'll always remember her YUMMY food and the feeling I had as we ate Thanksgiving dinner at her house every year!
But I'm just as thankful that we get to have lunch at Granny's every year! And for Granny's mad turkey-carving skills ;)
 
 
 
Stay tuned for the rest of my thankfulness! I'll post the rest at the end of the month!
 
 
What are YOU thankful for?!








 
 eBa







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!