God Knows What's Best for Us.

I often find myself worrying about the future - about whether or not I'm doing the right thing right now in order to get to where I'm supposed to be in the future.
 
Sometimes I worry about things like that til it drives me crazy. It's hard being 20-something! Life is nuts.
 
But as I was driving Granny to my uncle's house last night for a visit, something seemed to click in my head.
 
We were on the interstate and SHE was giving me directions on how to get to his house in Greensboro (if you know Granny, you know she doesn't drive outside of High Point and knows nothing about Greensboro).
 
The song "Y.M.C.A" had come on the radio.
 
It was a gorgeous fall afternoon.
 
I was basically driving under the influence because I was in a food coma and thought I was about to fall asleep.
 
I had planned to do SO many things, but I knew I'd only get a fraction of them done because people are more important than things.
 
I knew it would be a late night because I had soo much to do, and I would get about three hours of sleep before I woke up at 5:30 to drive to Boone for a morning class.
 
I was thinking about all the things that are stressing me out and how unsettled my life is right now.
 
But in that moment, everything was perfect because I was living and breathing and the sun was shining and I'd just eaten some awesome food from Carter Brothers and we were going to see my uncle because he's okay and God is going to heal him, I'm sure of it.
And we had good music on the radio, and I'm so blessed to have Granny and who cares if I only get three hours of sleep?
Who cares if I don't have all of life's answers right now?
Who cares if all of my weekends for the next few months are gonna be extremely hectic?
Who cares if I haven't cleaned my room at home in three years?
Who cares if I miss Dancing With the Stars a couple weeks out of the whole season?
 
Part of the fun of life is going out the door every day not knowing what to expect.
God is full of surprises, and the plans we have may seem great to us, but guess what?
 
God's plans far exceed our own if we trust Him. If we believe that He knows what's best for us and rest in that knowledge, we don't have to worry about anything.
 
Like, seriously. Part of the beauty of life is having no earthly idea how it's all gonna turn out.
Even when everything seems like a huge mess, life is wonderful.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
eBa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen