September 11th


 
 
So yesterday was fairly unproductive for me at first. I did however, think back to September 11, 2001 and how scared we all were and how confused the nation was.
 
When I looked at my Instagram first thing in the morning, I saw the following picture:
 

 
Amos 9:11.
How utterly awesome is that???
I don't believe in coincidences.
God is faithful and God restores.
We've come a really long way in the past 12 years.
 
........................
 
I thought about that later in the day as I randomly drove past school, past King Street, and all the way to Tennessee.
It was super rainy and dark and hard to drive in Boone, but once I got out of Boone, the sun was shining so brightly (yet still POURING the rain).
 
Then it just stopped raining and got really sunny. So sunny and so beautiful. God's country.
I'd never been that far past Boone before, and it was just so beautiful.
(Next time I'll take pictures.)
This is the land we fight for and defend.
 
 
In a way, it was really significant, too, because just as God literally brought me out of a storm and into the light, He does that all the time for us, figuratively.
I thought that was a pretty cool parallel.
 
 
I drove on, listening to both rare and popular Elvis songs on satellite radio, sipping on my Coca-Cola, with my American flag earrings on to commemorate the day.
I took in all the beauty around me.
 
 
 
And I just thanked God for everything.
 
 
 
And the day only got better from there.
 
 
 
 
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
eBa
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen