Highlights of My Week

OCTOBER is in full swing.  While October is an extremely overwhelming month, it is also one of the absolute most exciting and fabulous months, and one of my favorite.  And not just because my birthday is the 30th (hint hint).  So here we are, done with the first week of this crazy month.  This week has really flown by! I've been pretty busy...Monday night, my sister, Zach, and I went to the Dixie Classic Fair.  The fair is a must every year, and most people that I know go.  It's just a tradition.  It makes everyone feel like a kid again (which isn't hard for me haha).  I was worried that it was raining on the way there, but shortly after we arrived, it stopped, to our relief.  We had a great time :)

Also on Monday, I went to the dentist and found out that I'll have to have my wisdom teeth out over Christmas break :/ Oh well, can't say I didn't see that one coming! haha my mouth hurts so bad :( They took a bunch of x-rays, and that really irritated my gums where the wisdom teeth are underneath.

I got some really good deals this week! I don't usually buy something if it's not on sale, and when I went to Target this week to buy stuff for two of my favorite little girls, I was excited to see all of the cute stuff they had for really cheap.  Some of the stuff I even got for a dollar, like these really adorable 2-pack gift bag sets.  That's always a day brightener haha.
On Tuesday, I got to eat lunch with Brooke.  We went to Panera, and I love love love Panera.  Spending time with Brooke is always good because we just have so much to talk about, and the best way for me to feel better about any situation is talking things out.  I went to dinner with Angie, one of my coworkers who has become a good friend, and her sweet daughter Kokie, for her tenth birthday.  I just love birthdays. It was nice to have dinner with them, and enjoy meaningful and encouraging conversation.

Also this week, I got to spend some time with my three month old cousin, Ellie! My granny was keeping her, and I had bought her a little outfit, so we put it on her and took some pictures.  Babies are so much fun!! It's so sweet to interact with such a young person, who has a whole, full life ahead and doesn't even know it! Life just blows my mind sometimes. 

Yesterday (Wednesday), I found out some of my grades aren't so hot right now.  The past few weeks have been really rough, and I'm sure that's why.  I just haven't been motivated to do school work at all.  But boy, seeing that midterm grade was enough to motivate me! I went to my grandma's empty house, where I knew there would be no distractions, sat in the sunny living room on her old antique couch, and opened my Mark Twain "Tales, Speeches, Essays, and Sketches" book.  The assigned story was interesting, and I got really into it.  And as sad as it was to sit in my grandma's house alone, I let my mind drift to the happy times we've all had there, and that provided a bit of comfort.  I don't know how to describe it, but it's both painful and comforting at the same time. 

Wednesday night, our youth group's small groups split up and went to different places to hang out and get to know each other.  My group went to Cookout and Putt-Putt.  I was once again reminded of how the simple things in life can be so satisfying.  Nothin' like a grilled chicken sandwich, some greasy onion rings, ranch dressing, fruit punch, and a good round of mini golf!!  Later, Zach and I drove to the airport to watch a plane land.  That's one of our favorite things to do.  It's the most awesome thing to watch! It seemed like the plane was going to land on me.  I guess I really am a little kid.  After all, my high school class did vote me "Most Likely to Stay a Kid" senior year. Geeze haha

Today was good.  $1 subs at Jimmy John's was definitely a win.  Zach and I went to look at costumes at Party City.  I don't necessarily celebrate Halloween, but I do love dressing up, and it's a good excuse to.  I've always loved dressing up and taking on a temporary persona.  It's intriguing. 

So there's some highlights from my week.  If you've read this far, thank you! My life may not be the most interesting, but hopefully some part of my blog helps, or at least entertains, someone hahah.

And my song of the day...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!