There's Still Hope for the Music Business

The Saturday before last, my friend Ashley and I went to Raleigh for 'American Idol' winner Scotty McCreery's "homecoming birthday bash/album release." There were SO many people there! It was mind-blowing that so many people would show up to see someone who is so humble about his fame.  In fact, Scotty is back in high school in his small hometown of Garner.  But seeing Scotty glorify God and give Him the credit for all of his success was awesome.  And as we drove, we had listened to Ashley's Scotty album, and in most of his songs he mentions his faith.  I just think that with all of the corruption in society today, and especially in the music and entertainment industry, seeing someone like Scotty (and Lauren Alaina, Carrie Underwood, etc) is so refreshing, and it gives me hope for America.  It's hard to find a mainstream artist who will stick up for his or her faith in God and profess so openly Christianity.  What do you think?

This is probably my favorite song on the album, for many reasons.  I've been raised to believe that the King James version of the Bible is the closest to the way God wanted us to read it, and whether that's true or not, I am partial to the King James version because my grandma always used that version, and when she passed away a few weeks ago, her King James Bible was handed down to me.  So I guess that's why this song has a special meaning in my heart. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!