My 23rd Birthday

Well today (I'm still considering it to be Sunday because I haven't gone to bed yet) was my 23rd birthday, and it was amazing! It was cool because I was actually born on a Sunday too.  I got to go to church this morning, then out to lunch with my family and Zach.  Daddy asked me where I wanted to go eat and I said "Cracker Barrel or J&S" haha. I decided on Cracker Barrel, and it was so good.  While we were there, we found a bumble bee costume for Honeygirl to wear for Halloween! It was actually a little girls' costume, but it ended up fitting her!



After lunch, we came home to have cake and open my presents.  My cake from my parents was so cute! And the gifts they gave me were great. My sister had picked out some really adorable stuff for me, and even bought some if it with her own money! She got me this bracelet that I've really been wanting.  And she wrote something really sweet in my card, and that's what really matters.  Gifts are great, but to really know that you're loved and that there's someone who looks up to you and that you'll have forever as a best friend...it's the greatest.  Everyone was just wonderful today.  I really feel loved and cared about, and I have a wonderful family and amazing friends.  I got lots of thoughtful texts and facebook posts and phone calls.  For it to be my first birthday without Grandma, it was still good.  I feel so blessed by God.
 

My costume party was at Zach's house again this year, and it was so fun! Ashley and I dressed as Pippa and Kate Middleton and Zach wore a crown to be Prince William haha.  Alex got me a sweet cake and Zach's mom had a bunch of food.  The royal theme was carried out with crown napkins and plates (and my mother had gotten me "princess" balloons earlier).  We had a hayride and a fire.  I loved getting to spend my birthday with such fantastic people!! And hayrides are the best I think I'll always celebrate my birthday like a little kid.  No shame in that!! :)




Oh, and me and Zach carved this cool pumpkin Saturday night.  Reppin' Port Southern!!


And my song of the day is "Burning Love" by Elvis Presley because nine years ago, on my 14th birthday, I received my very first Elvis cd.  I had heard "Burning Love" on the radio a couple months earlier and on the Lilo and Stitch trailer, so my mom bought me the cd because I wanted that one song, but I didn't even know the name of it.  I just figured that an album called "Elvis Number Ones" would have that song on there.  I sat in my room that night and went through all 31 tracks on the cd until I found my song - number 29.  It's been my absolute favorite song ever since :)

Comments

  1. Happy belated birthday! You are too cute--love your costume!

    P.S. Thanks so much for the follow! Hope your week has been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hope your week has been wonderful as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!