Skip to main content

About Me

My photo
Follower of Jesus Christ. Lover of people. Lover of animals. High Point University graduate. Appalachian State graduate. High school English teacher. AXΩ.

CHRISTMAS: Week One Highlights

"Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."




I just saw that quote on one of my friend's Facebooks, and it really drove home the reason why I started to write this blog in the first place.  I decided that all through the Christmas season, I'm going to document the fun things I do - big and small - because time is such a valuable thing, and the years fly by.  I just want to appreciate every single moment!

Since Christmas officially starts right after Thanksgiving, I'll start with highlights from the week of November 27.

I had my wisdom teeth out the day after Thanksgiving, so I wasn't able to do much til that Sunday.

Sunday, November 27
-Went to J&S with my mom, brother, and sister.  J&S is one of my favorite restaurants!
-Did homework at Barnes & Noble with Alex, and my sister tagged along.  We sat in the children's section.  Barnes & Noble is lovely at Christmas time.  And it always smells so delicious, so that was definitely a win.
-Watched TV with Zach.  He's so fun.

Monday, November 28
-Worked out after my 8:00 class.  Really appreciated the time to be able to do that, since I won't have that time next semester when I student teach.
-Watched Kathie Lee and Hoda with Zach
-Went for a walk with Honeygirl and Zach.  The weather was beautiful.
-Took a nap
-Went to class (yes, this is a highlight because I honestly LOVE all of the classes I've had this semester.)
-Went to HOBBY LOBBY and got Christmas ribbon!!!!!! And got a Christmas bow at Kerr Drug to put on my car.
-Went home and put the ribbons and bows on my car, on Honeygirl, and on my jackets and anything else I saw that needed a bow.
-Took it easy. Blogged. Enjoyed having free time to myself. Got to enjoy some good conversation with Chanelle.

Tuesday, November 29
-Met Brooke and we went shopping at Target.  Thought about how much I love Target at Christmas. Almost accidentally stole a bag of Halls cough drops.
-Brooke and I ate at J&S, and I got to eat something other than mashed potatoes and Jell-O. We enjoyed just sitting and talking.
-It was a nice cloudy day.  I like cloudy days. 
-Class
-Went to check on my grandma's house.  Saw that her neighbors' door was open, so I decided to go in and visit.  I stayed a lot longer than I had intended, but when I left, I was so glad I went.  I knew I had a lot of other stuff to do, but deciding at the spur of the moment to go over there and visit was such a blessing.  Talking to people that were close friends with my grandparents for decades was cool.
-Driving home, High Point looked so festive and Christmasy.  I was in a spectacularly great mood.
-Ate dinner at home.
-Went and picked Ashley up from dance.
-Ashley, Zach, and I went to the mall and I got a great deal on some Christmas products at Bath & Body Works.  Oak Hollow Mall is tiny and sort of empty, but it's still so sweet-looking, especially at Christmas.

Wednesday, November 30
-Zach and I had breakfast at Tom's Place.  It was so fun and nice.  I got to eat more real food!
-After class, Ashley and I went to see Granny before church.  She had her Christmas tree up, and it looked so cute.  She was watching Andy Griffith.
-Loved going to church.
-Went to College Life, a Christian club at school that I just started attending.  The people there are so nice, and some of my friends from class go.  The theme was "Tacky Christmas" so everyone was all decked out.
-After that I received a wonderful blessing from one of the custodians at school.
-Did homework in the library for a looong time with Ashley B.  Hadn't seen her in a while!

Thursday, December 1
-Enjoyed sleeping in. 
-Enjoyed SCRAMBLING to do homework and study, mad at myself for sleeping in.
-Watched Kathie Lee & Hoda. <3
-Had lunch with Mattie and Flash, and what a blessing.  Not only did I FINALLY get a hot dog, but I enjoyed some wonderful conversation and love as well. 
-Came up with lots of Christmas activity ideas (that won't get to happen til all this school stuff is done)

Friday, December 2
-Worked pretty much all day.  Came home and freaked out about homework.

Saturday, December 3
-Worked most of the day.  I actually really enjoy working on Saturdays.
-Went to the Christmas pageant at Green Street Baptist with Granny, my sister, and Zach.  Honestly, I really miss Green Street at Christmas time because that's where I grew up and decided to get saved, and spent so much time every single Christmas of my childhood.  I was in the Christmas pageant a few times and the children's choirs, etc.  So going back for that was something that was really cool for me.
-Afterward, we went to IHOP. Mmmmm.
-Went back to Granny's house and decorated her tree.  A tradition we usually keep every year. 

So that's week one of my Christmas!



eBa

Comments

  1. I just ran across your blog and love it! I'm student teaching next semester too & I'm from Thomasville, but go to school at UNCC! So glad I found someone that is from the same area! :) I'm actually having a giveaway till Wednesday, you should check it out & enter to win lots of goodies for yourself this Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome! What a small world. Thanks for the follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from your newest follower! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SSP for Warby Parker!

A couple years ago a friend told me about this really trendy site where she ordered her eyeglasses. I had asked her where she got such cute eyewear and her answer was  "Warby Parker!"
I went to the website and was overwhelmed by all the choices! Not only were the glasses trendy, but there were many traditional looks, and awesome colorful frames as well. There were countless options for both men and women, in prescription glasses, non-prescription, AND sunglasses!
I feel like sporting glasses rather than contacts has made a comeback in a big way, and now glasses are an accessory and make a bold statement to complete your look in addition to helping you see.
If you order from WP, you can have FIVE pairs sent to you if the glasses are "available for try-on" before you actually buy them! I have a friend who did this, and it was so easy and fun. I feel like many times, people are wary of ordering frames online since they can't try them on and see how they look, but Warb…

Dating at 28 vs Dating at 21

I was just thinking the other day. I (over) think quite often. Sometimes it's good because it causes reflection, and this reflection was good.

I never really thought about the fact that I might be dating at 28 years old. I was never, EVER in a rush to get married, but there was a time when I assumed I'd be married by now. Looking back, it's interesting to see how things have changed from the time I was 21 until now, and why it's a really good thing I am still dating at 28.

All people are different. One of my best friends met her husband at 14. I have friends in their 30s that aren't married. Each person and situation are unique.

With that being said, I know that personally, I would not have been ready for marriage at 21. Or 22. Or even 25.

Dating at 21 for me was kind of like "What can you do for me? How can you make ME happy?" At 28 I've realized it should be "What can we do for God? What will make Him happy? And how can I make YOU happy?"
I had…

The Reality of Sin

Yesterday I was blessed to sit through THREE amazing church services. Lately, I feel like I really need to absorb as much of the Word as I can on Sundays in order to thrive through the week. It is so easy to get caught up in the stress of daily life, and I've found that the best way to combat that is to be poured into through spiritual teaching. I can't pour into my students or my family or my friends or my middle school girls on Wednesday nights if I'm not constantly growing and learning. 

It's also really cool / interesting to sit at different churches with entirely different groups of people and hear the Word presented in different ways.

Different churches appeal more to families or young people or older people for different reasons.

One thing I realized as I sat in my home church yesterday morning (OakView Baptist) is that although we don't have the lights and the music and coffee, we do hear the Word in a way that really gets deep into your soul.

It's a trend …