BeautiFALL October Days

 
Just to highlight some of the fun things I've done in the past week, I'll start with Thursday.
 
Last Thursday I had to work but class was cancelled, so I got home early and went to see Pitch Perfect with Rebecca and Sarah in the afternoon.  I'm used to going to movies at night, so an afternoon movie was a nice change.  Pitch Perfect was hilarious and the company was great!
 
Afterward, we ate at Chili's and had some much needed (for me at least) girl talk.
After dinner, I went and got my sister and we headed to Party City to try on costumes for my party.  I tried on almost all of the Disney princess costumes and the ones I really wanted didn't fit right :/ But Ashley really liked the ones she tried on and had to decide between Hello Kitty and Superwoman.  It was a whole lot of fun - I love going to Party City at Halloween and looking at all the costumes - I've always loved to dress up and Halloween is the best excuse to.  It was a really fun girls' night!
 
On Friday I worked out at HPU (one of my favorite things to do) and then Ashley and I went with Brooke, her sister, and their mom to Burlington to shop.  We went to Target (Alamance Crossing in Burlington has a great Target).  I got a couple of cute tops and Ashley got some tank tops for dance (for like $3 each!). 
 
Afterward, we ate at McDonald's.  We didn't hang out for very long, but it was such a fun afternoon all the same.  It was one of those October Friday afternoons that makes you so glad you're alive because everything all around you just seems magical.  I swear there's something in the air.  I was so happy I didn't even care that I had to go to work (actually I never really care, because it's extra money and I like working, but you know what I mean).
 
 
On Saturday, my brother and his friends and I went to a friend's wedding.  It was the cutest little country wedding ever.  It was so sweet.  I'm really happy for Ryan and Katie!
 

Adorable idea they got from Pinterest - each guest leaves a fingerprint on the tree!
 

 
Taylor, the groom (Ryan), my brother (Michael), and Morgan
 
 

Also on Saturday, Sarah, my sister, and I went to Scarowinds (the scary version of Carowinds, the amusement park).  This was the sky on the way there:

 
I absolutely love Carowinds and I LOVE riding roller coasters at night.  I will always say it is one of the very best feelings in the world.  Something about it seems to clear my head and make life make sense.  It is such a liberating feeling.  Maybe I'm crazy!
 
 
 
waiting in line for a ride!
 
 
selfies in our Sunday clothes

On Sunday, we had church and it was great as always.  Then my family went to lunch as usual.  Then Zach and I went to the mall and the whole family (and Morgan) went over to my grandma's to get stuff ready for the estate auction we're having on Saturday.  I'm having a REALLY hard time with this because it seems like everything in the house has so much sentimental value to me, and it's really hard to see all her stuff go.  I know she's in a better place and her stuff doesn't mean anything and we don't need it , but it still breaks my heart.
 
But Zach and I took Honeygirl over there and we walked her through the neighborhood.  Then after Zach left I walked Honeygirl again, this time all over the whole neighborhood.  It was nice.  It was cool outside and Honeygirl had SO much energy so we walked and walked.  It was pretty special.
 
Afterward, me and Ashley went to get Chinese food and took it home for everyone.  YUMMY!

 
 

And here are a couple of beautiful fall views that I've captured this week - the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way to Appalachian, and the gorgeous backyard of my grandma's house:
 

 
 
 
I just love this time of year!!
 
 
 
eBa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen