MoTD: New York City!




"I wanna wake up in the city that never sleeps..."
 
 


FIRST TIME IN NEW YORK CITY
- Two years ago yesterday and today!
 
My first visit to NYC was amazing.  It was very cheap, too.  Zach and I rode the Sky Bus (?) "China Bus" from Greensboro to NYC for $40.  Sounds sketchy (and it was - verrry sketchy), but it was so worth it! We went to stay with Chanelle because she was in college at New York University. 
 
When we got there, we couldn't even catch a cab (Southern tourists-typical).  I had to call Chanelle and she told us how to be aggressive and flag one down.  Once we got in a cab (finally) and got to Chanelle's, we went out and spent the next two days touring NYC with the best tour guide ever - Chanelle! I got to see EVERYTHING I had always wanted to see since I was a little kid because Chanelle had been a great BFF and made an itenerary before we got there.  I had told her what all I wanted to see. 
 
Seeing everything I had seen in movies and on television was AWESOME.  It was surreal.  I was such a tourist.  Seeing the Statue of Liberty was crazy.  Macy's was fantastic - especially the Christmas floor.  

I also got to meet Chanelle's friends that I had heard so much about, and went to Campus Crusades with them.  It was a truly amazing two days.  I can't wait to go back!
 



Macy's
 


Rockefeller Center
 

A cathedral
 

Juicy Couture
 

F.A.O. Schwarz
 

I was THRILLED to see the Plaza Hotel - Home Alone 2 is one of my favorite movies!
 

We signed our names on a rock in Central Park
 



Brooklyn Bridge
 






So windy!
 

Everything was pink in this store!
 





eBa

Comments

  1. So how bad really was the bus. The hubs and I have looked at going on the bus from Raleigh to NYC so we can save the cash on gas or a plane and have more to spend there. I am a little hesitant.
    brianna
    adventuresofthesouthernwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen