TBT - A Peek Inside My Journal


Looking through my old journal, I found the perfect post for this Throwback Thursday since it's about spring break, 9 years ago:
 


Sunday, April 18, 2004

Augh! Spring break is OVER! And it was soooo much fun! It was the perfect escape from the monotonous, boring, yucky school schedule.
Obviously 9th grade isn't exactly exciting or fun, but spring break saved me! I just relaxed.
 
On Monday, I slept til 4pm! I really needed the rest. I got ready and at about 6:00 we went to Carter Brothers. That same day, we got a thing in the mail that said that I was (am) a state finalist in the Miss Teen USA pageant!!! Yay! I'm excited! (DUH) Lol.
 
On Wednesday, I got up at about 12, Mama brought Libby Hill back. Whitefish! Yummmm... I LOVE Libby Hill.
I watched TV - Jessica Simpson making her video for "Take My Breath Away" - what an AWESOME song! I also watched Full House, Step By Step, Family Matters, etc. Then I got ready and went to babysit.
 
The day before, Tuesday, I got up at about 12, Mama brought back Biscuit Factory. Yummm! I watched TV, got online, got ready, and we went to LaHacienda for supper.
 
Thursday, I worked on my tan and we went to Carter Brothers and Wal-Mart. And Friday, of course, was Celebration Station.
 
Yesterday we went to Quizno's for lunch. Yummm...roast beef & cheddar subs! I watched TV for 30 mins then I hurried & did my hair & nails & went with Garrett and his parents to his cousin's 18th bday party at Gianno's. Then we went to Putt-Putt and Mayberry to get ice cream.
 
Today we went to the Greek church for spaghetti. Yummm. Then we came back and Michael, Ashley, and I went down to the pond to fish.  I picked up a little tan! Yay! I caught 5 or 6 fish. They were slimy! Ashley caught 2 - all by herself! Michael caught 4 or 5.
We rode around the neighborhood after that - them on bikes and me on my scooter.
I watched a little bit of "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion."
 
So that was my spring break - no vacations, no beach, nothing too fancy... But I LOVED it! I had lots of fun. I just relaxed and took a refreshing break from school. I did't need a fancy vacation. I had a wonderful time anyway. I got to catch up on my rest and just slow down. I didn't have to worry about any homework, going to bed early, waking up early, going to lessons, fixing my hair just right, doing a lot of eye makeup... I let my hair air-dry, woke up late, didn't put eyeshadow on. I was lazy. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It made me long for summer. :)
Hey...only 30 more days of school! Then, I can do all of my lazy, spring break stuff again! This spring break was just what I needed :)


......................................................................................................



Hahaha this makes me so happy. It cracks me up to read this, especially the part that says "I LOVE Libby Hill." ...Imagine that. Some things never change, especially my eating habits :)





eBa
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen