June / MM / Clearing My Head

 
It's officially JUNE!
I've mentioned that June is one of my favorite months. It always has been.
 
But three years ago, June 2010 was probably one of the best and most memorable months of my life.
There's nothing quite like feeling so young and free
and in love.
And the air was full of endless possibilities and excitement.
That feeling is something I've always wanted to take with me throughout life.
Ever since that June, I've wanted it to be like that all the time.
I know things change, and no one day is ever going to be like the next, let alone one month like the next.
But everything Just seemed so perfect that June.
So what would be wrong with missing it and wanting to replicate it?
 
Grandma was alive and I got to hang out with her a lot,
Libby Hill was still in business,
my little brother graduated from high school,
I rode the Intimidator at Carowinds for the first time (and I can't even describe that feeling!),
I fell in love fast and hard and knew for sure that this was it.
My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary.
I went to camp with my church and made friends with Elvis Presley's step-brother.
I was helping Brooke plan her wedding.
I didn't seem to have a care in the world.
 
I love thinking about that June.
Really, though, what can top all of that?!
I shouldn't think that way.
Sure, it's great to have those memories.
But I have a hard time looking ahead of me instead of behind me.
That June was so awesome because I was looking ahead and anticipating the things to come. I was moving forward and ready for changes.
And the changes came.
That's why it was so wonderful.
 
Going into this June, I keep thinking:

 
!!!!!!!
 
But there are things that are making it hard for me to have hope of that.
Libby Hill is no more (hey it matters to me!).
Grandma isn't here anymore (though she is in Heaven, much happier, I still miss her terribly).
We are selling her house this week, and that's something that's REALLY bothering me right now
(I'll have to write about that later).
I have a summer class in Boone, which is great, but I'm just apprehensive about the whole situation.
 
So needless to say, I'm a little disappointed at how I think this June will turn out.
But then I have to ask myself:
"Has God not come through for you when you least expected it?"
"Do you not remember how June 2010 came our of nowhere right after some of the darkest days of your life?"
"Is God not ALWAYS faithful?"
 
This June will be awesome because I am determined that it will be.
I trust God, and although my life is seeing major changes, I know that that's part of life, and some things are beyond my control.
 
I know that my struggles seem petty compared to what many people have to deal with.
 
 
 
I also know that God is full of surprises,
and He loves me and won't give me more than I can handle.


 
 
So here's to a happy June for everyone, and here's my motivation for this week:
 
 

 
 
                 "The LORD, the LORD,
the compassionate and gracious God,
    slow to anger,
            abounding in
                          love and
faithfulness"
Exodus 34:6
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
eBa
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!