Wake Me Up

.........."All this time I was finding myself and I, didn't know I was lost."

This morning I was listening to the "Wake Me Up" song by Avicii and Aloe Blacc that came out last fall. That song always reminds me of Boone and always will. It came out right when we moved into our apartment for the year and it played on the radio and on my iTunes nonstop during one of the most precious and memorable seasons of my life. Whenever I hear the song, all I can think about is how glad I am that I had that experience and how different my life would be if I hadn't.

I remember being so worried and conflicted AND SCARED OUT OF MY MIND about my decision on where to go for graduate school. Looking back, Appalachian should've been the only choice. It shouldn't have even been a dilemma, knowing what I know now. Being in Boone and having the experiences that I had and making friends and growing like I did, that's something that will stay with me forever. 

As much as I miss living in Boone, I can't think about it without smiling and being so HAPPY and so THANKFUL! There is no feeling like the feeling you get when you KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you trusted God to guide you to make the right decision and can see how it all played out perfectly because you let HIM orchestrate it. Oh my gosh, He's so good. 

He is better than anything else you could chase to find happiness, and I just want everyone to know that - and to know that if you trust HIS plan for your life, you really can't go wrong. In fact, it'll all turn out so much better than you expected, even with scary twists and turns along the way. 

It's so worth it. 





eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen