March / Heart Full

It's March!
Typically on Tuesdays, I end up being thankful for a lot of things for some reason. At the very least, I'm glad to have made it through Monday, and by Tuesday afternoon, the week is well on its way.

Today was really good and chill, though. Today I was thankful for:

- Old school Nelly on Sirius on my way to work this morning.
- Reading some good stuff in God's word today.
- Having a really good and productive day with my students. Laughing and joking with them while getting some good stuff done at the same time.
- Being able to pick my little cousin Ellie up from preschool and take her to her favorite place - Chick-Fil-A and watch her play in the play place without a care in the world and then go to Hobby Lobby and get stuff to do St. Patrick's Day crafts and THEN to Granny's house to do the crafts!
- The amazing St. Patty's baby headband I bought at Hobby Lobby and put on Emery.


Ellie and her Chick-Fil-A. SO PRECIOUS.



FEW things in the world make me happier than doing festive/seasonal crafts with the people I love. It's literally one of my favorite things ever. It's stress-relieving and therapeutic. It relaxes me and makes me concentrate on what I'm doing and forget about anything else that might be stressing me out. 

I've been reading a lot in the book of Luke in the Bible about how Jesus said we should have childlike faith, and with yesterday being Dr. Seuss's birthday too, I've just been thinking about how seeing life through the eyes of a child just makes everything so much better. It's good to be wise, but a child at heart and never lose that childlike excitement for the little things in life. 

Doing crafts with Granny and Ellie tonight was just so carefree and relaxing and sweet. In those moments, I have to sit back and take it all in and know that we are making memories - cherishing moments that I know I'll always be grateful for. Granny is so sweet - she made St. Patrick's Day "cards" for me and Ellie, and also for my brother and sister who weren't even there. Ellie was just enjoying it all and made a "card" for "the whole family." hahaha


"Be still my heart."





Of course when I got home, I put the baby headband around Emery's neck, and voila, a festive collar 
(INSERT LAUGHING TIL CRYING EMOJI)...

We managed to get a selfie before she went off when I wasn't looking and unraveled a whole roll of toilet paper. But even being mischievous, she's the absolute cutest. :)







love.





eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!