You Won't Relent Until You Have it All

I recently fell in love with a Jesus Culture song called You Won't Relent.
The hauntingly beautiful sound of Kim Walker Smith's voice, paired with the reverent music and lyrics... 

I just cannot. It's amazing.



"I set You as a seal upon my heart, as a seal upon my arm.
For there is love that is as strong as death, jealousy demanding as the grave.
And many waters cannot quench this love.

You won't relent until you have it all;
My heart is yours.

Come be the fire inside of me, come be the flame upon my heart.
Come be the fire inside of me, until You and I are one."



I walked a fine line at the last Bible study I went to in Boone, talking about how sometimes God allows us to lose the things we think we care about the most, in order to show us that really we only need Him. I think He wants us to depend on Him and Him alone. His love is as strong as death, and His jealousy demands ALL of us. Every fiber in our being. So I believe (and some may disagree) that if we start to put too much stock in one person or thing, God won't steal it away from us as punishment, but He may allow it to fade away to show us how much we still need Him, regardless. He will use the situation to grow us and He will eventually replace what we lost with something that's better for us. This is something I really felt when I was living on the mountain. He's a loving Father, and we may think we really need something, but He knows what we need better than we do! 

He wants to have our heart first and foremost before anyone else can.
Putting ANYONE before God is a dangerous thing.

In Luke 14:26, Jesus says that if anyone does not hate his family, he cannot follow Jesus. Here, this just means that our love for our families and friends, as strong as it is, still must not even compare to the love we have for Jesus. Our love for Jesus must be so immense that every other love pales in comparison.

He wants to be one with us
I don't think that's too much to ask of us, seeing as how He laid down His life for us, while we were drowning in sin.






eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen