Necessary.

Yes, I have been privileged. No, I'm not a minority. Yes, I'm a Christian. But no, I do not have my head in the sand.
Christ called me to love everyone and I do that to the best of my ability. That's what I believe. 
That should be okay with you. We all have the freedom to choose what we believe.
No, I have not seen (and most likely will never see)
what many people have seen as far as poverty and hatred, but I will tell you this -
I work in a public high school. I have 90+ students. 
Five are white. TWENTY are from other countries and have only been in the US for a couple years. Some are Muslim. 
They are from all different socio-economic classes.
I am surrounded by diversity for 40+ hours a week. That is most of my life. 
I absolutely love my job and I absolutely love my students.
I WANT what's best for them.
I don't want anyone to be scared for their life.
It kills me that they might be.

It is definitely okay to be sad about the outcome of the election. 
I totally understand why you are sad and scared. 
It is not okay to hurt others because you are sad. I am not saying you should not be sad. 
I am not saying you should pray if you aren't a Christian. I love you anyway. We are all free to choose what we believe.


For my fellow Christ-followers:
So now, what we need to do instead of furthering the anger and the hate, we need to fervently, CEASELESSLY pray that the man chosen as leader of this country will soften his heart and be a decent President. There's no time for complaining or gloating or deleting people or fighting. We need to be on our faces in prayer. The Lord can work miracles. He turned Saul, a KILLER of Christians, into Paul, the greatest man that ever lived (besides Jesus). 
Do not doubt that He can do it.


The Lord said, "If my people will humble themselves and pray, I will hear them and have mercy on them and heal their land."
I can't think of a more humbling experience than this. What better time to listen to that verse.
I'll say it again - this is no time for lukewarm Christianity. You're either on fire or don't bother.

Comments

  1. Thank you posting about this! I was disheartened seeing so many bloggers go on with business as usual. I appreciate you not glossing over something so important in our country right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen