Just Disgusted.

UGH. I'm usually such a positive person, but this election really has me down. I know I posted a really positive post about the election the other day, and I STILL believe that God is 100% in control and nothing can happen without Him allowing it, but it seems like today I've seen everything negative about the world instead of the positives.

Get on Snapchat and you see DUMB articles about sex or itemizing women. OUR TEENAGERS ARE ON SNAPCHAT. THIS CRAP IS FILLING THEIR MINDS.
And not only them, but our men and women who are working hard to stay focused on the Lord and on track!!

Turn on the TV and almost every show is filled with sex, violence, and cursing. Call me a prude or whatever, but I cannot. It's just too much now. It makes me so angry. It's a righteous anger. That is not what we are supposed to be filling our hearts and minds with.

Thinking about today and how every person I know has had to vote for someone that they don't like. WE FEEL VIOLATED AND DIRTY AFTER VOTING. Because our nation has chosen two people who are unfit to rule this nation that was built on morals and values.
THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

The other day I was at a Bible study and one of the girls said that we are going to battle now. This is the time when now, more than ever, we have to be SPIRIT-FILLED Christ followers.
We need to be armed with Scripture and making sure we are as close to God as we can be.

Today, my coworker and I were saying that the time to be lukewarm has long passed. Now, you are either on fire for God or you will flounder under the world's temptations and pressures.

The Israelites had scary and horrible leaders because THEY WENT AGAINST GOD. We have gone against God, and that's why we have no good choice right now. But it's okay. God didn't turn His back on the Israelites, and He won't turn His back on us.

In our Bible study for the youth group at church, we are in the book of Numbers, and I was reminded today when reading that God was with the Israelites through it all, when everything seemed hopeless. I wrote down Psalm 9:10:

"And those who know Your name put their trust in You,
For You, o Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You."


Even as I'm writing this, a song came on Pandora that brought some comfort.

"Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well with me

So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name
It is well with my soul"




I'm working super hard to focus on the Lord right now and trust Him in this fallen world. He won't turn His back on those who are ACTIVELY seeking Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen