Saved From the Depths

Everyone knows I listen to Christmas music year round. Of course now I'm in full-Christmas music mode. (If you are judging me right now, click here to find out why I do what I do :))

"O Come O Come Emmanuel" is one of my favorites, hands-down. I like to break it down verse by verse because the lyrics are so powerful. 
Tonight, after going through the McDonald's drive-through after midnight (so wrong but felt so right... definitely won't feel right in the morning though!), I was listening to the song and a certain part hit me:

"O come, O come, Rod of Jesse,
And rescue us from Satan's tyranny.
From depths of Hell, Your people save,
And give them victory over the grave."

First I thought about my loved ones who have passed on. I'm not sad anymore because when they accepted Christ, they were given the promise of eternal life - victory over the grave. The long hours of holding their hands and humming "Jesus Loves Me" as they spent their final hours on Earth gave way to them ascending to their Heavenly homes, all because of Christmas. All because Emmanuel was born.


Then I thought about something - my pride.
I struggle with pride, but this reminded me that we were ALL saved from the depths of Hell. We ALL deserve Hell without Christ. Sorry if this offends you, but the Bible says 
we are all just sinners saved by grace, not by anything we have done or could ever do.

That makes me the same as the people I might be prone to judge for their actions.
He came to save them as much as He came to save me.
If that doesn't humble you, what will?

But in all this, we are "more than conquerors," and "co-heirs with Christ."
All because Emmanuel was born. 


:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!