He Rules the World With Truth and Grace

Truth and Grace.

When listening to Christmas music, it's easy to not pay attention to the words because we've heard the same songs so many times, year after year.

Today as I tried to do some work during my planning period, my mind kept wandering.
Lately, I've had trouble with worrying and letting my mind wander off into "what if?" land.
That's dangerous!

My mind was wandering, and I focused back on my work and the Pandora Christmas music station (Hillsong Holiday, to be exact) playing in the background.

"He rules the world with truth and grace." That part caught my attention. "Joy to the World" has always been one of my favorites
(I had a Christmas screenname in high school: JoyToTheWorld18. (#DontJudgeMe))

Truth and grace. Two important words.

HE rules the WORLD with Truth.

Focus on the truth. Focus on what's TRUE. What we know to be true.
What I know to be true is that God has always, always, always provided for me in the past and He always will.
I know it's TRUE that whatever happens, He will work everything together in the best way possible, whether it seems like it at first or not (Romans 8:28).

The Bible says we have to control our thought life and think about TRUE things.



Philippians 4:8English Standard Version (ESV)

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

If we spend time thinking about GOOD things, we won't even have time to think about the scary / bad things that can corrode our minds and steal our joy.

"What ifs" are especially dangerous because THEY AREN'T EVEN NECESSARILY TRUE. Our minds start thinking and thoughts escalate and before we know it, we are creating problems that may not even be there in the first place!
OVERTHINKING IS DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Right before the verses about thoughts, there are verses that talk about WORRY:

Philippians 4:6English Standard Version (ESV)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.


I bought a ring with Philippians 4:6 on it. I wear it every day as a reminder. I have to constantly look at it and pray throughout the day because I'm such a worrier.
This has taught me to stay in constant prayer and fully rely on God at all times, knowing I cannot do anything on my own.
When you pray about the things you are worried about, you don't always find answers, but you will find PEACE.




And finally, GRACE.

We don't deserve anything God does for us. We are ALL sinners, saved by His grace, no sin greater than the other, and it's important to remember that all you have to do is ask His forgiveness and He forgets any wrong you have done. By His great grace...

Which should take away SHAME, and I'm working on a separate post about that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!