Cherishing Today

It's Friday and I've been off work for three hours and it's only 1:00.
I worked with some professors this morning and yesterday morning at a school on the Tennessee border from about 8:30-10. Normally, I substitute teach or work full days with the professors, but this was a really small school, so we didn't have to work full days. I caught myself feeling guilty for having so much time not working and just being here in Boone when there were jobs at home that needed to be filled. I could've told my professors I couldn't help them today and I could've gone home where I would make more money. Goodness knows I need the money!
 
I needed something more than money though. I needed that drive that I took to Mtn City, Tennessee yesterday. I needed to drive and clear my head and listen to Elvis Presley and Alan Jackson hymns. I needed to stop in a random parking lot and pull out Grandma's giant print King James Bible from the backseat and read Job right then and there. I needed to think as I drove back to Boone.
 
Today after working I came straight back to Boone. When I woke up this morning, the sun was out and it was a gorgeous day. "Ha! Rain was in the forecast but there's no way today is gonna be rainy," I thought. And I was kinda disappointed because I LOVE rainy / cloudy Fridays.
But on my drive back, it got cloudy and I was so happy. I came back to the apartment and said goodbye to my brother and Taylor on their way out to go back to HP. I sat and watched some Kathie Lee and Hoda and got my Kardashians fix (don't judge meee!). I caught up with some friends over text. I just looked around the apartment and it just looks so sweet with the dim light coming in the window from the cloudy sky. Things like that get me! I don't know why, but I appreciate environment and atmosphere and surroundings so much.
 
I decided I wanted the sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit I'd been craving since this morning when I put my yellow shirt on (I'm so weird; bear with me), so I turned the TV off and put my shoes on and got in my car and rode to Waffle House. I got a biscuit to go and brought it back and ate it in the sweet little apartment we have. Now I'm currently listening to Hillsong United and still looking out the window at the clouds and the mountains.
 
Yeah, I could be in a classroom with some kids right now, making more money than I made this morning if I hadn't agreed to help my professors out for two hours. But this is the here and now. Boone is where I need to be right now. These mountains are therapeutic. I won't get to do this forever. I won't be here forever.
 Listening to "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong and truly believing that God can move the figurative mountains in my life and that He did conquer the grave and that He IS the hope we need and that He does show us so much mercy, and that He is mighty to save anyone from destruction, I know this is what I need right now. This is a lot more valuable than any amount of money I could've made today.
I love this day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen