Two Different Worlds






Just thinking about how literally crazy my life is right now, and how wonderful it is.
I went to a really fun square dancing / contra class with Grace in Boone Friday night and then headed home at like 10:30. On Saturday, I woke up and went to work furniture market. For those of you that don't know, the furniture market is High Point's claim to fame (well, along with HPU now). People from all over the world come to little ol HP to buy furniture from top designers in the hundreds and hundreds of showrooms that our downtown houses. Twice a year, the market brings life to downtown. Glamorous people from all over are there with their blingy jewelry and designer clothes, looking for furniture to buy for their homes or companies.
 
I worked in a showroom called Howard Elliott this year - a very posh showroom with exquisite furniture, accent pieces, and mirrors - bold colors, geometric shapes, blends of retro and classical designs, yummy food, & LOUD cardio/club remixes of popular songs and Broadway tunes blasting all over the whole showroom
I had to write orders for the wealthy people that came in to buy furniture - sometimes thousands of dollars worth of stuff. The whole thing was just glamorous, if I could describe it in one word. I thought, "I could do this every day. I can dress the part, at least." hahaha
So I did that for four days. The music and lights made me feel like I was at a never-ending dance recital. Being in so many of those over the years, I feel like a part of that will always be in my veins. I had a blast working market and was sad when I left yesterday :/
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But I was also really glad to get back to Boone! As much as I love glitz and glamour and loud dance music, I've also always had a deep love for the rural life and all the beauty that comes with it - listening to hymns or praise songs driving down country roads, or lately, just being in Boone and taking all the gorgeousness in.
Ironically, as glamorous as my day was yesterday, I spent today very differently - like night and day. I got up this morning and went to a rural school to do some testing with my professors from Appalachian and then my brother and I took Emery to Valle Crucis, NC, about ten minutes (if that) from Boone. I had never been before and always heard about it. It is a small mountain community that has remained "untouched for over two hundred years." So beautiful and pure.
 
We took Em to the community park by the Watauga River and walked her on the mini greenway. Then we went into the old, original (I think) Mast General Store - a store full of old-fashioned candy and toys, outdoor clothing, and other odds and ends. We decided we liked it better than the one in Boone - so authentic and homey.
It was so peaceful and relaxing after the crazy past four days I've had. The NC mountains are unrivaled in beauty (I'm not biased or anything) - truly God's Country.
 
Now, back at the apartment thinking about how much different my life can be from one day to the next, while Emery sleeps beside me and we listen to "Hosanna" by Hillsong and old Kansas songs on repeat. Life is such an adventure right now and I'm loving every minute of it! I don't know what the next day will bring sometimes. I'm just enjoying the ride and thanking God.
 
I hope somehow it can always be this way.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!