Just a Good Old Mountain Weekend





This past weekend in Boone was wonderful. As you can see in the pictures above, we had a great time at the Appalachian State game even though it was frigid (well, 43 degrees is nothing for Boone, but it was a shock to the system) and we got to the tailgate late and left the game early :)

Below are the pictures from the other fabulous things we did prior to the game:
We got to meet Jerry Moore, the former App State football coach that led the team to the "Threepeat" championships of 2005, 2006, and 2007. We had free BBQ in his presence and watched some SEC Network looking for Tim Tebow.

On Friday night, we painted pumpkins at the apartment and I cannot tell you how warm and fuzzy and happy my heart felt to be crafting in the apartment again with fall candles and some of the people I love most. It was a wonderful start to October and felt so festive!! Oh my word my heart was full!!!!! 


My precious brother got our beds ready for us while Sarah, my sister, and I were at Waffle House til the wee hours of the morning and we came back to such a pleasant and welcoming sight. It really helped me, too, because it is sad for me not to have a room there anymore, although I know that chapter of my life is over and the room is in good hands!



When we left Boone on Sunday after eating at Boone Bagelry and shopping downtown, I felt SO SAD even though I knew I'd be back this weekend. I'm SO grateful I can pretty much go when I want. It's such a lovely place where my soul feels at ease. 



"Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains."




eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen