God Turns My Stubbornness Into Growth

Me: "I don't like the mountains. I want to go to school there, but I'll never love the mountains. That's just not me."
God: "I will instill in you a love for the mountains so deep that you'll never get over it and your heart will swell with joy when you think about the time you spent living there, growing in ME, in the beautiful mountains I created. And you will go back as often as you can, continuing to grow in Me every time."



Me: "I hate huskies, and I don't really like labs. I'm pretty scared of both of those dogs and definitely don't want one."
God: "I will create for you a mix of both of these dogs - a puppy you won't be able to resist. This dog will be a source of comfort and companionship for you in some of your darkest days thus far, and your heart will grow to love this creation of mine in ways you never thought possible. You will tear up just thinking about how much you love her and how perfect she is."




I just read in a book that there's apparently a joke that goes
"If you wanna make God laugh, all you have to do is tell Him your plans."
I have certainly learned that over the past few years.


Last night, I was driving and I heard a song on K-Love that I really like, and one of the lines is, "Even when it hurts, You'll have Your way." And that's so true. It hurts when we plan and plan and spend so much time thinking things will be one way, and all of a sudden God disrupts our plans. It breaks our hearts and leaves us confused and scared.


But we have to trust that when He wrecks our plans, it might be because our plans are about to wreck us...
And that most times he wrecks our plans to show us that He has greater things in store for us than we could've ever planned ourselves.








eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen