Little Things to Be Thankful For

I haven't yet posted my New Year's resolutions, but one of them is to blog more and one is to be more intentional about being thankful each day. This post will help me start to achieve both of those. I'm going to start blogging more about little things and not just wait and blog about the big things that happen. Because after all, the little things are the big things!

Today I was thankful for a teacher workday after a nice, long Christmas break. It was a good way to ease into going back to work and get prepared for the students to come back tomorrow.

I was thankful for the coworkers that I now call dear friends and the fact that we could talk and help each other with lesson plans and have lunch together at Mi Pueblo.

I was thankful that Christmas Pandora stations never go away and took full advantage of that while I graded papers.

I was thankful for the Justin Timberlake jams I listened to on my way home and how they remind me of my amaaazing trip to Los Angeles a year and a half ago, which I'm also thankful for.

I was thankful for the sweet family and precious puppy I came home to. I was thankful for the opportunity to watch the ridiculously adorable game of hide-and-seek that my brother taught Emery to play (she doesn't hide; she's always "it," and he hides and she has to follow the sound of a squeak toy to find him).

I was thankful to get to sit in my room lit by Christmas lights and talk to Grace on the phone for about 30 minutes and catch up on life and Christmas break...
AND PLAN A TRIP TO NASHVILLE NEXT MONTH OH MY GOSH!!!!!


I was angry and bitter when I went outside in my workout clothes and the cold air whipped through me and I got into my car and the seats were ice cold...


But then I decided I was just thankful for the inexplicably precious time I spent in Boone and that I can pretty much go back whenever I want.

I was thankful that I waited til 10pm to go to the gym because it's January and it would've been wayyy crowded any earlier (it smelled like it had been busy all evening... EW).

I was thankful for the gym as a place to go and rage on the machines and get some stress out and the friends I texted while raging on said machines (insert 'laughing til crying' emoji).

And I was thankful for the Wendy's double stack I purchased on my way home.

As I write this, I'm thankful for worship music and the ability to write. And for the warm, comfy bed I will fall asleep in very soon.









eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful