#ootds, fish, and faith


Yesterday was my first day back at work, so I got up, put on my #teacherootd, and had a pretty good day.


But my brother went back to Boone and as the day went on, the more my heart started aching, for I wished terribly that I, too, was going to Boone.
I couldn't stop thinking about it.
I kept thinking about a sunny day in Boone, doing what I wanted to, going to a class or two, walking around downtown, just being free and enjoying the beauty of the mountains and of life.

On my way to the crowded gym I tweeted:





After work yesterday I had read in the book of Luke the story about Jesus telling Peter to let his net down in the water and Peter was a know-it-all and told the Lord that no fish would come because he had been fishing all night and hadn't caught anything. It seems very foolish to us because I'm like, "PETER, you acted like you know more than the Creator of the universe and that you don't trust that He can do anything!!!"
Peter put his net in even though he didn't have faith, and his net filled with fish.

However, I didn't realize until this morning that I am being like Peter, thinking that I know what's best for me, almost like I know more than He does. Yes, I miss Boone, and yes it would be fabulous to live there again sometime. Like I can't even imagine. But what I've been doing is saying, "Lord I NEED to be in Boone." And He keeps saying, "No, I need you to be in High Point right now."
If I keep the faith and leave my net in HP like He has been asking me to, my net will probably fill with fish, and I need to trust that.






eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen