My Escape

Yesterday I posted this picture on Facebook and the caption was:
"Yes, I will run to Boone whenever the slightest thing goes wrong. ‪#‎anyexcuse‬‪#‎happyplace‬ ‪#‎fleeingdemons‬ ‪#‎myescape‬"



I made a somewhat impromptu decision to go to Boone to spend part of this weekend. It'd been since December that I'd spent a significant amount of time in Boone, and that's just too long.

I had lunch with my brother at this great Asian restaurant and we went shopping downtown for some birthday gifts for Ashley (she will be 16 next month!!).




My friends Morgan and Heather hosted a girls' movie night at their place last night. It was so good to see everyone! We watched Forrest Gump and drank coffee and hot tea and talked. 


Grace got a hold of my phone when I wasn't looking. 
It's nice to have a phone that actually takes pictures now, and to have friends that leave you surprises ;)



Later, I watched TV and talked with my brother and just relaxed in the apartment like old times before going to Waffle House for a midnight snack. :)


This morning, Michael and I went to IHOP before I headed home and had lunch with the rest of my family.


On the way home, gas was cheap...

My tank was full and so was my heart <3
(CHEESY!!!! :) )


It was a nice, relaxing weekend. The mountain air was much needed.







eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen