Throwback Thursdayy

I was racking my brain, trying to figure out the perfect post for this Throwback Thursday.
 
Then it hit me - why don't I just tell what happened yesterday?!
 
 
 
Yesterday, I got to go back to my old house - for the first time since I was 11 years old.
 
We were handing out Easter flyers for our church's Easter service/production, and one of my small group members and I went to a ton of houses handing them out. When we were done, we went to hand out some in her neighborhood (which is where I used to live).
 
It was so weird/cool to walk up that driveway and stand on that front porch for the first time in 13 years.  I thought about all the fun times we had at that house. I lived there from the time I was born until I was 11 years old. We moved the summer after my fifth grade year.
 
I looked at the front yard where me and my brother attempted to sell lemonade in the summer. I remembered how we used to also paint acorns and try to sell them with the lemonade.
 
I thought about how we used to climb the magnolia tree in the back yard, and how I got saved in my bedroom beside my Christmas tree when I was seven.
 
I thought about our beautiful living room and the Christmas trees we always put in there, and waiting up to catch a glimpse of Santa.
 
I thought about being really sad when it came time to move, and how badly I missed that house sometimes at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
 
Then I thought about long summer days playing outside.
I smiled.
 
We talked to the owner of the house for a few, invited him to church, and as we left I felt satisfied.
 
It was cool to go back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen