Christmas MoTD: Tiny Christmas Trees

 
When we were little, my brother and I always each got a Christmas tree in our room. Sometimes the trees were little and sometimes they were bigger. We spent a great deal of time decorating these trees. Unfortunately, I can't find any pictures of the ones from when we were little - the three pictured up top are from my room in 2009, 2011, and this year.
 
Granny has gotten all of the grandchildren an ornament for every Christmas that we've been alive. She gives them to us on Thanksgiving so that we can put them on our trees that year. So I have 25 ornaments that say "Granddaughter" and the year. Besides those, I have lots of other ornaments that I've made or gotten as gifts.
 
My brother doesn't put a tree in his room anymore (hahaha). Just me. Only now, I find the absolute tiniest tree I can find. This year I think I found the tiniest ever.
 
Last year I used all the ornaments that I've collected or made, but in 2009 I decided to have a "Blue Christmas" theme and only use blue Christmas ball ornaments. This year I did something totally different and got purple tinsel-y garland, red, gold, and green beaded garland, and a sparkly gold bow for the top instead of my angel.
 
I think the main reason why having a tree in my room is important to me - and there are many, including sentimentality, the smell of the tree, the way it looks as it shines and lights up a room, the festive and comforting feeling I get when I look at it, etc -
but the main reason is because when I was seven years old, right before Christmas, I asked Jesus to come into my heart, kneeled down by my little Christmas tree in my room.  That is a memory I will cherish for as long as I live.
 
I just love Christmas memories :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
eBa
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen