It's Just Not That Easy!

I promised myself I'd go to bed earlier tonight.
 
Don't make promises you can't keep, especially when you know you write and think best late at night.
 
For some reason, even though my eyes are puffy and burn a little,
and my nasal passages are sore,
and I'm cold and uncomfortable,
I still choose to sit here on my laptop and listen to Honeygirl snore
and drink orange juice (to load up on Vitamin C - come on immune system!)
and listen to Christmas music
and think
and write.
 
What am I thinking about?
EVERYTHING!!!!
 
Gosh, sometimes I wish I wasn't like this! I think so much!
Why can't I go to bed like a normal person?
But when I go to bed like a normal person, I ask
"WHY CAN'T I STAY UP LATE LIKE I USED TO?!?!"
(Because, truth be told, I usually do go to bed at a reasonable time. Only here lately have I been staying up so late like I used to.)
 
Where is the satisfaction???
 
Quotes from The Notebook are currently running through my head -
 
 
"It's not that easy...it's not that easy!"
 
No, it's never easy. It's never that easy.
 
 
I think at this point, the best thing to do is go to bed and wake up refreshed, hmm?
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!