Bowing to the Father's Will

Friday, September 11th, 2015
I really like the Hillsong song "Man of Sorrows." One line of the song is "bowing to the Father's will, He took a crown of thorns." That part never really made me think too much until tonight, driving to Boone. It refers to Jesus's crucifixion and how beforehand, He had begged God to spare Him, but God's will was for Him to die so that we could live freely if we so choose.

I really stopped to think about it tonight because lately I've been asking God for guidance and direction I'm to show me His will for my life for certain situations... But sometimes I catch myself thinking, "I don't deserve to go through this" or "why can't it just go the way I want it to go for once?" 
When you stop to think about how even the Son of God was not granted His request to take His situation away, it really humbles you. Jesus surely did not deserve to die. Yet He was not above bowing to God's will, whatever that entailed. God knew that Jesus dying would save the world. That was the bigger picture. God saw how His will, carried out by Jesus, would do so much good for so many people. He had reasons for not sparing Jesus's earthly life.

I need to stay humble and realize that if Jesus Christ was not above going through torture for the sake of His father's will, then I can definitely stand to go through a few things and be patient to see the outcome and how God uses them for good in my life and the lives of others. 




thoughts on a Friday night driving to Boone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful