Remembering Grandma Four Years Later

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I've talked about this a lot already, but four years ago was when my grandmother went home to Heaven. 

I've re-posted the words I wrote and read at her celebration of life service...

Today I wore all black to commemorate the carnal pain that we felt four years ago today...

But her pink and purple necklace because pink was her favorite and in the midst of all the hurt and pain, there was joy because she had lived a long, full life, and we could feel hope and peace...

I wore the opal ring that she gave me when I was in college because her parents gave it to her when she was in college and opal was both of our birthstone...

I realized that today was just like four years ago today - cloudy, chilly, gloomy, and depressing until about 4:15ish when she passed from her earthly body and almost as soon as she did, the sun shot gorgeous rays out through the clouds as if she was being welcomed home...

I saw the sun come out through the windows at SWHS today around 4:15 (and I don't believe in coincidences).

I've listened to "Renegades" by X Ambassadors and "Spirit Break Out" by Jesus Culture all evening on repeat...

"Renegades" because I just discovered it and it has an autumn/mountain sound,
and Grandma loved the mountains and autumn so much and tomorrow is the first day of fall
and she spent the first day of fall 2011 in Heaven 
and the song sets such a mysterious yet peaceful mood, and that's how I like to feel on days like this.

"Spirit Break Out" because a year ago today, we worshiped to this song at FCS in Ashland's classroom at Andrews after school, and ever since then, it has reminded me of Grandma and her love for Jesus and ascension from earth to Heaven.

I went to see Granny and cherished time with her. 
Spent some time with Daddy and hugged Emery real tight.
(I always think about how Grandma would love Emery.)

Read out of Proverbs.

And I'm currently thanking God for the years we had with Grandma and for the wonderful family I still have here with me to love on and enjoy.





"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."







eBa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

Our Busy Schedules Don't Mean We Are Successful

First #WeddingWednesday Post!