Obstacle or Opportunity?

Sunday, September 13, 2015
This morning at my church in Boone, The pastor said a quote that really stood out to me. He was talking about seeing life through a different lens and said,

"See your obstacles as opportunities."

Everyone in the congregation got out pens to write this quote down. What does this mean? How can an obstacle be an opportunity? 

Me not getting a job in Boone seemed like an obstacle at first, but it provided an opportunity for me to score my dream teaching job at SWHS. 

I could look at certain situations in my life as obstacles, or I could see them as ways to overcome and become stronger.

I could use my own obstacles in life as opportunities to share with other people who are struggling with the same obstacles how I have overcome them. 

I can definitely use my obstacles as opportunities to pray more and grow in Christ. 

I can use my obstacles as opportunities to trust Jesus more. If I hit a roadblock and have no idea what is next, I have to trust God and his plan

I can use my obstacles as an opportunity to get out of my comfort zone...

And do things I wouldn't otherwise do…
And talk to people I wouldn't otherwise talk to…
And see things I wouldn't otherwise see…
And be a light to people that I wouldn't be around otherwise...

These are just a few ways I can use my obstacles and make them opportunities. There are so many more. 

"Lord, please help me to always see the positive in every situation. Help me to turn my obstacles into opportunities. Help me to see life through your lens."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Love Story

First #WeddingWednesday Post!

Things Unseen